Bentley Park College has high expectations of students, staff and community members, outlined in the following rules and policies.
The Bentley Five
The Bentley Five is a simple set of rules that formulate the common expectations across the College and have been agreed upon and endorsed by staff and our P&C. The rules underpin what is important and provide a guide to all our actions at the College. They are presented visually in classrooms, offices and public areas.
Year 11 and 12 Assessment Policy
Bentley Park College's expectations for teaching, learning and assessment are grounded in the principals of academic integrity and excellence.
- there is clarity around the expectations of teachers and students
- there is integrity in the assessment that contributes towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- there is consistency in assessment procedures in all subject areas across Years 11 to 12
- all students are treated equitably.
Students with highly individualised learning needs who are working towards achieving a Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA) and who are undertaking mainstream subjects may not be assessed in the same manner as students working towards achieving a QCE. QCIA pathway students are provided with modified assessments that give them opportunities to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills in relation to their identified learning goals.
Students working towards achieving either a QCE or QCIA are expected to:
- engage in the learning for the subject or course of study
- produce evidence of achievement that is authenticated as their own work
- submit responses to assessments on or before the due date.
A Year 11 and 12 Assessment Policy Quick Reference Guide for Students (PDF 634KB) has also been produced to highlight key elements, although students should be familiar with the full version.
Other assessment-related forms for Year 11 and 12 students are the Application for Extension or Variation to Exam Date (PDF 200KB) and the Application for Access Arrangement or Reasonable Adjustments for Exams (PDF 172KB).
Other College policies
Early in 2020 the College will be conducting a review of policy documents and will make them available as soon as possible. In the interim, most current policies are available in our Enrolment Prospectus (PDF 41KB).