At Bentley Park College we understand Junior Secondary (Years 7 to 9) learners have specific developmental, academic, physical, social and emotional needs.
Please refer to the Junior Secondary Course Handbook (PDF 823KB) for information on subjects for Years 7 to 9.
We support Year 7 students’ transition into Secondary school by providing:
- designated Year 7 classrooms within the Junior Secondary precinct
- specialised teachers to deliver all core curriculum subjects
- designated undercover and eating areas exclusively for Year 7s
- Year 7 camps and special events that support the College’s leadership development and wellbeing programs
- Orientation Week at the start of each year, supported by Year 10 Peer Mentors.
Academic success at Bentley Park College is attributed to expert teaching throughout your child’s educational journey.
Points of difference of Year 7 at BPC include:
- students experiencing eight elective subjects from The Arts and Technology Key Learning Areas
- access to specialist laboratories, workshops, kitchens and creative arts spaces
- the opportunity to apply for the Bentley's Best Academia - Aspire Program, one-to-one laptop classes designed to further challenge students with a proven record of academic success in Years 7 to 9.
Year 6 into Year 7 Transition
From the commencement of Semester 1 each year, Bentley Park College Year 6 students spend one hour every Tuesday afternoon in the Secondary Sector as part of our Transition Program. During this time they rotate through three, eight-week learning projects in The Arts, Science and Robotics delivered by Secondary staff, with their Year 6 classroom teacher also present. The program has been operating now for many years and is always very popular with students and staff.
Year 6 students from Bentley Park College and other Primary schools participate in a Transition Day in December ahead of the commencement of Secondary school the following year. Students get to meet their classmates and teachers in advance and experience activities in English, Maths, Dance, Drama, INTAD and ICT.
For more information on enrolling in Year 7 please phone our Enrolments Officer on 07 4040 8130.